More than ever before, we are living longer, healthier, and more productive lifestyles.
The achievements in both health care and technology in the last fifty years has contributed greatly to our increased lifespan. Life expectancies have been rising by up to three months a year since 1840, and there is no sign of that changing. A recent study shows that more than half the babies born in wealthier countries since 2000 may reach their 100th birthdays.
Helping people to live life to the fullest.
1 in 4 people are affected by urine leakage throughout their lives. Despite this, many individuals may be embarrassed to share their experience, instead trying to cope themselves and compromising on comfort and fit. With so many people suffering in silence, and an ever-growing elderly population, there is a real need for a positive continence care strategy to suit the individual.
With over 50 years of experience in continence care, TENA, understands the various needs of each individual, whether it be for light protection from occasional leaks, to those who may need maximum security both day and night. Better continence care improves quality of life for both individuals and carers.
De Montford University undertook a research study with TENA to better understand what the key product satisfaction indicators for absorbent continence pads were for care staff in care homes. The key findings were:
• Satisfaction levels overall were higher with TENA products than with other products available in the market.
• TENA scored more highly than any other products being used in the participating care homes in all the individual satisfaction indicators
• Highest satisfaction indicators, and greatest predictors of satisfaction were comfort for wearer, easily fitted by carer, and odour control.
• TENA was seen as contributing to the empowerment and promotion of dignity in people in earlier stages of dementia
• People with advanced dementia may be more suited to a wrap-around product.
In terms of overall satisfaction with TENA products, carers were asked to rate the product from a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 indicating least level of satisfaction, and 10 the highest. Almost 54% of staff rated the overall satisfaction with the product as 7 out of 10 or higher and 28% rated the product 10 out of 10.
As a trusted brand TENA is always innovating for improved skin health, leakage security, working environment and environmental impact, enabling healthcare facilities to reduce product consumption, costs and incontinence-related workload. This results in more time and budget for the rewarding care that benefits residents, staff and the overall care home.
For more information on TENA Flex and related TENA products please contact our specialist sales team on email@example.com or phone +353 1 6301800
© 2018 BCSS