The healthcare benefits of non-rinse cleansing.
Personal hygiene care for dependent, bedridden, or immobile individuals is a challenging daily task for healthcare workers in hospitals, public / private nursing homes and for home carers. It is also extremely important for human health and well-being.
Washing without water, using non-rinse cleansing products such as TENA Wash Cream allows for a caring cleansing procedure that is comfortable and convenient for nursing home individuals as well as home care and hospital patients. Non-rinse approaches offer several significant advantages over washing with soap and water.
• It gently cleanses, restores and protects even the most delicate and fragile skin with no need to rinse off.
• It is ideal for frequent cleansing during continence care routines when soap and water may otherwise dry out the skin.
• It is suitable for full body cleansing and more efficient than the traditional bed bath with soap and water.
Looking at independent research findings for information on the care benefits of non-rinse rinsing. Studies have found the benefits enjoyed by patients and healthcare workers alike include:
• Gentle, hygienic and comfortable cleansing
• More comfortable and less tiring for individuals
• Gentler on skin than soap and water
• More hygienic than using a washbasin
• Lower workload and physical strain for caregivers
• More time for more rewarding care – up to 38% time saved per full body wash
• A reduction in skincare conditions as IAD (Incontinence Associated Dermatitis).
More comfortable for individuals.
Washing with a non-rinse cleanser is more comfortable for individuals versus washing with soap and water. Non-rinse cleansing is associated with less skin dryness, irritation and itchiness versus washing with soap and water. Non-rinse cleansing for individuals with spasms, pain and mobility impairment leads to less pain for the individual.
TENA Wash Cream is also the way forward in preventing incontinence related moisture lesions. A recent study carried out at the University Hospital Birmingham, over a 6 month period, showed a significant reduction in incontinence associated moisture lesions in patients and demonstrated significant patient benefits in terms of care, comfort and dignity for individuals.
For more information on TENA Wash Cream and related TENA products please contact our specialist sales team on email@example.com or phone +353 1 6301800
© 2019 BCSS